Sunday, October 17, 2010

how much I'm growing!!

Grandma returned from Arizona, having been away for a week and when she got home, mom and dad were at her house, and so was I. "Oh my!" she must have exclaimed, "look how much he has grown!"..and then she held me while dad took a picture. That was Tuesday. She didn't see me again until Saturday which is our typical overnight, our time to hang together.
This is me and grandma in her 'slouchy' clothes. I was fussy so she put me in the sling and we went for a walk around the neighborhood. Then she tried reading to me, but that wasn't interesting, so I cried and she had to walk around the house patting my back and soothing me. Finally, I settled down and she sat in the chair with me for a long time, talking to me, doing exercises with me (I can hold my head up when she pulls me up by the hands and I like to do the 'treadmill' with my feet).


I am awake so much more and growing!

(the intersting thing this week is that when mom and dad dropped me off I was crying so grandma talked to me very quietly and I calmed down and watched the remainder of a documentary with her (American Experience, PBS), it was about the 1929 Stock Market Crash...however, when she began watching another one about Lobotomies, oh my lord, no! I began crying again as if the world would end.
Note to self: do not watch documentaries about Lobotomies if you want to stay happy! 


No comments: