Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesdays with GR

It was Wednesday afternoon and Mom and Dad had a doctor's appointment so they dropped me off with GR (grandma ruth) and they went. (That's dad behind me and mom to the right.)
To begin with I was fussy and began crying and kicking my legs so grandma picked me up out of my carrier, she thinks I'm the most adorable baby boy, and she began singing to me, an Elliot song: 'Elly-elly-elliot, smelly-smelly-smelliot, you are so beautiful oh yes so beautiful and whyowhy do you cryocry.."

So I quieted down and became thoughtful.

Then I began singing along.
We went outside. It was nice but so very bright.

Then I grew sleepy.
Then a little grouchy (more leg kicking). So she patted me on the back and soothed me with 'there-there's' and gave me a bit to eat, a bottle that is, and then, I fell asleep. She rested on the bed with me and the cat joined us. The cat (Star) weighs more than me right now, but not for long....

No comments: